Creative Curriculum Approach at SPARKLES!
Each Sparkles! classroom provides the perfect place to encourage your child’s natural desire to learn, communicate, and follow their unique interests. Since children learn best through hands-on exploration, we introduce them to reading fundamentals and explore learning using an interactive, Creative Curriculum approach.
Our activities are specifically designed to help students learn more about the world around them, as they develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and team-building skills needed by tomorrow’s leaders.
Our Five-Step Building Tomorrow’s Leaders approach allows children to learn key social skills necessary for them to excel today, tomorrow, and for many years to come. Sparkles! focuses on five core areas:
- Character/Confidence Building. We work to acknowledge and encourage your child as they demonstrate such traits as initiative, compassion, and perseverance in the course of their daily activities. These critical life skills can be applied throughout a lifetime.
- Social Skills & Manners. We provide support for children as they gain the ability to regulate their own emotions and behaviors, establish and maintain positive relationships with others, and increase their understanding of both verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking. An awareness of risk and consequences is important for your child’s development. We also encourage your child to try new approaches when they make mistakes, teaching them problem-solving and resilience through trial and error.
- Team-Building. The tools of being a great team player – collaboration, compromise, sharing, humility – are also the tools of being a great leader. We encourage children to be comfortable both independently, and as part of a team.
- Community Awareness. Children have many questions about the world around them. We strive to teach them about diversity, charity, and cultural awareness, giving them a broader view of their community. We also partner with area charities to host drives that introduce children to the concept of giving back.