Please read the latest information Sparkles! has about the COVID-19 in our area and our response plan. We will continue to follow all regulatory agencies’ recommendations to alleviate the spread of the virus in our environment, as we are supporting our families and staff while dealing with this emergency situation.
Sparkles! Centers will remain open to continue to support the workforce and families that have the needs for care. We are encouraging the families that are sick to stay home – this is the best protection for our community.
As of today and until further notice, we do not have any report of direct exposure to the COVID-19 virus with any members of our staff or the families we serve. In the event that we do, we will follow our response plan and parents will be notified immediately. We will follow all local health department and CDC directives as to what additional steps might be necessary. Sparkles!’ response plan, in the event that a direct exposure is reported to us, is to close the centers 24 to 48 hours for deep environmental cleaning. A specialized contractor is ready to provide the service as needed.
Additional measures we are taking:
- All tours of the centers have been suspended until further notice.
- No visitors are allowed past the lobby area.
- We have increased the frequency of daily disinfecting our common areas, such as lobby, counter, etc.
- No hugs or handshaking, for now.
- In the classrooms, we are taking extra measures to ensure that often-touched surfaces such as linens and soft toys are washed and sanitized daily.
- When children and staff arrive, they immediately have their temperatures checked and hands washed.
- Our professional cleaning crew is doing preventive disinfecting and cleaning the centers every night using hospital-grade products.
- Our staff is following handwashing procedures in the classrooms and providing closer supervision for the children that wash their hands on their own to ensure they are using soap and water.
It is our job and duty as part of your community to ensure healthy and safe procedures for all of the children. We will continue to monitor the ongoing developments, providing uninterrupted quality care for the families we serve. This is a temporary situation and we are all in it together.
If you have any questions, you can reach Gille Baez, Operations Director, at email@example.com.