Hands-on Learning for Kindergarten Confidence
PreK STEAM features hands-on activities and group discussions that encourage students to develop and test theories, taking an active role in their own education. We go beyond standard kindergarten readiness, taking your child on a learning adventure that builds confidence and a love of learning.
Our dedicated instructors teach students how to apply the scientific method to everyday questions, unlocking your child’s full potential to creatively solve problems and explore the world around them. Each month also features a character-building theme, such as honesty and helping others.
Daily lessons are built around STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) principles, with progress measured using the same assessments as Fairfax County Public Schools: Virginia PALS, ASQ and ASQ-SE.
Contact Sparkles! to tour our PreK STEAM classroom, or to enroll your child in this innovative program, 703-502-8100. Classes are Monday-Friday, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm. Currently only available in our Fair Oaks location.
Policies & Pricing:
- PreK STEAM follows the Fairfax County Public Schools holiday and closure schedule.
- Half-day Tuition (9:30 am to 3:00 pm, M-F): $250
- Full-day Tuition (6:00 am to 7:30 pm): $320
- Drop-in aftercare is $30 per day.
- School break (spring, winter) enrollment is $305 per week.
- Children must be between ages 4-5 years of age, but not yet eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
To enroll your child in PreK STEAM at Sparkles! at Fair Oaks, or to learn more, please contact us online
or call (703) 502-8100.
STEM or STEAM? Read how the STEM movement evolved to include the arts, leading to STEAM, and how STEM/STEAM education prepares children for success in school and beyond.