Our Pre-K Program increases the complexity of problem-solving activities (adding and subtracting), and incorporates advanced verbal communication techniques by learning sight words that will prepare them for Kindergarten (like, am, I, we, and). The program also expands their inquisitiveness by taking things apart and reassembling them back together because they want to know how things work! They continue their social development by participating in both small and large group activities (cooking projects, reading groups, science experiments, etc.). These children build on these skill sets as they learn to count, identify different letters and participate in more intricate group activities. Our teachers adjust the preschool curriculum based on how the children are progressing in each age group.
At Sparkles! we cheer and always strive to satisfy their curiosity by providing the guidance and tools they need to explore and discover by concentrating on the following:
- Communication/Language/Literacy — using regular plurals, finding and matching objects, counting sequentially, using longer sentences, identifying labels and signs, associating word sounds with letter shapes.
- Social Skills/Emotional Development — showing self control and following requests, waiting their turn during activities and conversations, imitating behavior, sharing and cooperating with others, using their manners.
- Explorations to Learning — sequencing familiar activities, recognizing shapes and colors, grouping things into categories, identifying left from right, top from bottom, etc., understanding simple math concepts.
- Purposeful Motor Skills — jumping in place and over objects, balancing on one foot, throwing and catching a ball, using scissors to cut paper.
- Sensory Organization — transitioning to new activities, attending to an activity for 15-20 minutes, using different textured surfaces in activities.
Tracking The Child’s Development – Our Lead teachers record the growth and development of every child in their classroom by using a nationally recognized assessment tool checklist. For a complete list of our evaluating criteria for each of the 5 development areas outlined above, please contact one of our centers.
All the above areas of development are part of our Preschool Program, which was carefully designed to meet the children’s needs and facilitate learning with age appropriate activities and teaching aids.
For a complete list of our evaluating criteria for each of the five development areas outlined above, please contact one of our centers.